Hi everyone, welcome to Nox Reads, I’m Nox, and today’s post is talking about how Blogmas 2022 went!
At the beginning of the month, I wrote a post talking about how I would be participating in Blogmas this year! The plan was to post on my blog every day of December, with the exception of eight days where I’d be posting videos on my channel.
That did not happen.
I got four posts up on my blog (not including this one) and started filming videos for my channel!
Here’s the thing. I join these challenges (Blogmas, VEDA, etc.) knowing fully well that I’m setting myself up for unreasonable goals. But I like the chance to participate in them, and it gives me something to push myself towards. Blogmas realistically gave me seven more posts than I would usually make, and they’re seven posts that I’m proud of.
I use Blogmas and similar challenges as ways to get me out of a content slump and as motivation to push myself to just write something that I’ve been wanting to. And even with the ideas that I didn’t post, I was able to draft a couple of posts for 2023!
So while Blogmas wasn’t a success in a traditional sense, it was still a success for me. It reignited my love for blogging and gave me the inspiration I needed to film!
With that said though, let’s get into my favorite things that creators did post in 2023!
- WASH DAY DIARIES by Jamila Rowser and Robyn Smith
- GIDEON THE NINTH by Tamsyn Muir
- HORROR HOTEL by Victoria Fulton and Faith McClaren
- MEMOIRS OF A LAGOS WEDDING PLANNER by Tolulope Papoola (available on Scribd)
- YOUR NAME IS A SONG by Jamilah Thompkins-Bigelow (illustrated by Luisa Uribe)
- THE BELL CHIME by Mona Kabbani
- BEFORE THE COFFEE GETS COLD by Toshikazu Kawaguchi
- AND TANGO MAKES THREE by Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell (illustrated by Henry Cole)
- MAGICAL READS – LIST: 2022 Reads That Emotionally WRECKED Me
- JEN JEN REVIEWS – Book Review: Halloween Girl Book One: Promises to Keep by Richard T. Wilson
- 24HRYABOOKBLOG – Cozy Fantasy Book Tag – (Original)
- PAGES UNBOUND – 2022: Blogging Year in Review
- FALLING LETTERS – 10 Books Gifted For Christmas [TTT]
- BIRDIE’S BOOK NOOK – What’s Sitting On My Netgalley Shelf?
- A LITERARY ESCAPE – Books I DNF in 2022
- LIT LEMON BOOKS – Wrapping Up the Year 2022: I “Spent” $546.94 on Books This Year!
- BOOKISH WANDRESS – 2023 Bookish Goals (Reading & Blogging)
Once again, I didn’t really watch a lot of Booktube in December! I’ve been watching while writing this post though, so I’m sure January’s favorites will have some listed!
Thank you so much with sticking with me throughout 2022, and I can’t wait to see what 2023 brings all of us! Hopefully something good!